The College of Health Professions is proud to announce the winners of the third annual Sam & Rosemary Sherr Dean’s Excellence Award (Scholarship/Fellowship) for academic year 2021-22. Each year all departments granting academic degrees in the CHP nominate one student for the Sherr Scholarship Award. The scholarship winner will be awarded $10,000 and all other student nominees will also receive $4,000.
The College of Health Professions congratulates the following recipients:
Dean’s Excellence $10,000 award winner
- Rola Khaleel, from Zarqa, Jordan, is an Audiology student in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Additional Sherr Scholarship winners
Six additional students will be awarded $4,000 from the Sherr Scholarship Program for the upcoming 2021-22 academic year.
- Sarah Buie, from Derby, Kansas, is a triple-major with Health Science, Psychology and Health Science Management.
- Angel Holguin, from Lyons, Kansas, is a student in the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Dane Mitchell, from Perry, Kansas, is a graduate student in the Physician Assistant program.
- Rosangela Pino-Alonso, from Sancti Spiritus, Cuba and Miami, Florida, is a student in the Department of Dental Hygiene.
- Brooke Schutte, from Turner, Michigan, is a graduate student in the Physical Therapy program.
- Lydia Schwertfeger, from Wichita, Kansas, is a graduate student in the School of Nursing.
Information regarding the Sam & Rosemary Sherr Scholarship and other College of Health Professions scholarship opportunities can be found at www.wichita.edu/chpscholarships.