Graduation Information

Check Your Degree Progress

It is our goal for every student to have a Plan of Study, which should be found in your WSU Portal - "my classes" tab.  Under "run my degree works audit", click the "plan" tab. You can easily check your progress through the audit view. If you notice something missing, or if you don't have a plan, and have any questions regarding your requirements to graduate, schedule an appointment with an advisor as soon as possible. Putting this off for too long may delay your graduation.

IMPORTANT! ALL transcripts of other college work must be sent to WSU before a degree will be posted, even if these courses are not needed to meet WSU degree requirements. Official transcripts of all work done at other postsecondary institutions must be submitted, and for transcripts to be official, they must be mailed from the college or university directly to WSU - Registrar's Office, or electronically (a certified copy of a student's permanent academic record) saved in an Adobe PDF format and sent through secure email links from the National Student Clearinghouse. Faxed transcripts will not be accepted.

Office of the Registrar
Wichita State University
1845 Fairmount
Wichita, KS 67260-0058

Apply to Graduate

Students must submit an application for degree (AFD) online prior to graduation. This should be submitted two semesters prior to a student's graduation date. In order to be included in the commencement program students must submit their AFD by the deadline October 1st for December (fall) graduates, or March 1st for May & August (spring & summer) graduates. 

The online application for degree can be found by logging into your myWSU, going to the myClasses tab, and clicking on the “Application for Degree” link in the Graduation Links box, which is located on the right hand side of the page.

RSVP for the Commencement Ceremony

Students who wish to participate in commencement must submit their RSVP online. Online reservations opens for the Fall ceremony each year on October 1st and for the Spring ceremony on March 1st. The online RSVP for commencement can be found here

For more information on the ceremony dates and times, please refer to

Cap & Gown

Graduates can purchase their cap and gown at the Shocker Store prior to the commencement ceremony. Doctoral or Specialist candidates who wish to purchase their regalia must do so a few weeks prior to the ceremony. Undergraduate and Master's candidates should purchase their cap and gown at least a week prior to the ceremony. However, to ensure proper sizes and colors are available, we recommend that degree candidates begin purchasing their regalia during the middle of the semester. Shocker Store personnel will be available to assist students in selecting the appropriate colored tassel and hood. Additional information regarding cap and gown purchase can be found on the Shocker Store website.

A student may wear a maximum of 3 adornments such as honor cords and stohls during the ceremony. It is preferred that these adornments represent academic achievement.


Graduates participating in the Commencement Ceremony will receive a diploma cover with information inside regarding their diploma. Once all requirements to graduate have been completed, and financial obligations to the university have been fulfilled, the diploma will be issued.   Diplomas and transcripts may be picked up at the transcript window in Jardine Hall or mailed for a small fee.  Graduates may receive 5 free transcripts.

Please refer to the following link for diploma pick-up dates and details: