Schedule an Advising Appointment
Please note only current students have access to Wichita State Navigate.
If you are are a prospective or admitted student and will be enrolling for your first semester at Wichita Sate, you will need to contact the appropriate advising center to schedule a Shocker Connection appointment.
STEP-BY-STEP Instructions for SSC Navigate
- Login to your myWSU.
- Click on the Schedule an Advising Appt. link in the Student Tools section. *If an advisor has reached out to you to schedule an appointment, use the link in the yellow box at the top of the page. From there, follow the prompts.
- Click on the blue bar that says Request Tutoring/Advising.
- Answer the questions in the New Appointment section.
- Choose the type of service you want (Academic Advising, Student Services Advising or Success Coaching). Student Services (Specialized) Advisors and Success Coaches cannot authorize enrollment.
- Choose the type of appointment you want (Enrollment, Major Exploration, Other)
- Choose the date on which you want an appointment.
- Click on the blue Find Available Time button. You will skip the Other Appointment Options section.
- Available options that meet the selections you made will appear. You then have the option to add more choices (specific advisor name, specific advising location), but this is not necessary if you see an appointment that meets your needs.
- Select the appointment you want by clicking on the time under the day you want. After selecting your appointment, you will see the details you entered. Notice on this screen, you can choose to receive an email and text reminder for the appointment.
- Select the blue Schedule button at the bottom of the appointment details page. Once the appointment has been scheduled, you will see a screen that says Success!
Information About Specialized Advising (list of departments, contact info, etc.)