“Anyoung haseyo,” Korea!
Are you interested in traveling to Korea? SMGT 552 Study Abroad in Global Sport Industry will travel to Korea May 13 – May 28, 2019. We will visit many different areas in Korea including but not limited to Jeju Island, Seoul, Daejeon, Gwangju, and Mokpo to learn Korean culture and sport industry, attend sporting/entertainment events and venues, visit major travel destinations, interact with Korean college students, and many more activities.
About the Course
Complementing the classroom work are cultural performances and visits to Korean organizations, events, museums, temples and historic sites, a trip to the DMZ, and other locations of great natural and cultural significance. Students will visit major sports events and venues, national broadcasting companies, and sport manufacturer(s). They will also spend time at three different colleges to work with Korean college students.
Why Study Abroad?
Studying abroad is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge, and have a ton of
fun while at it.
Adventure Time. Studying abroad is, in its simplest form, a great adventure. Far beyond the academics which it entails, this is your chance to learn a lot about the world at large, and where you fit into it.
Networking Opportunity. Studying abroad gives you the chance to meet peers and mentors in your field from all over the world. Not only will you form valuable connections for the future, but you will form friendships which last long beyond the return home.
Broaden Your Field. South Korea and its culture cheer on different sports, giving you the opportunity to expand your field of knowledge about the sport industry in general. The larger the sample size, the deeper your insight into the global sport industry and general business.
2019 Trip Information
- Schedule: Monday, May 13, 2019 – Tuesday, May 28, 2019 (16 days, 15 nights).
- Comprehensive 2019 Course Information and tentative schedules: click Here
- All classes and excursions will be led by WSU faculty who are bilingual in English and Korean.
- Accommodations are two person occupancy hotel and guest house room (3 stars or above) with bathroom, shower, desk, refrigerator, washing machine (if available), and free internet access.
- Students will have opportunities to interact with Korean college students through the buddie program.
- All students must have a valid passport. Students who are U.S. citizens will not need a visa to visit S. Korea; however international student may need a visa. Check HERE for more information.
- Travel Sites & Events:
o Seoul, the capital of Korea
o Demilitarized Zone Tour
o Jeju Island
o Daejeon Metropolitan City
o Gwangju Metropolitan City
o Mokpo City
- Program Fee: $3,500
o Including air fare, lodging, transportations, admissions/tickets, breakfast, and travel insurance
o Not included: lunch and dinner, personal expenses (e.g., shopping)
o Tuition for 3 credit hours is additional
o Schedule of Payment:
- Deposit: $200 – Due: January 31, 2019
- 1st Half of Payment: $1,650 – February 15, 2019
- 2nd Half of Payment: $1,650 – Due: March 15, 2019
- Financial Aid may be available through WSU Financial Aid based on individual student's status. Students should contact the Office of Financial Aid at 316-978-3430.