Scholarships for Undergraduate
The W. Frank Barton School of Business annually awards over $800,000 each year in all areas of business. Scholarships are mostly based on academic achievement and need-based. These awards are made possible by our gracious donors. Their generous gifts provide over 260 students the opportunity to continue their studies in the field of business.
Most business scholarship recipients are selected using our online General Business Scholarship Application. This application is open from November 1 through February 1 each academic year, and applications received during this application period are used to select recipients for the following academic year. Late applications are accepted and will be considered if funds become available.
AGH Scholarship Competition (deadline 11/1/2018)
The W. Frank Barton School of Business invites graduating seniors to compete in the Allen, Gibbs, and Houlik Scholarship Competition. Scholarship awards will be given to the top finalist and the final selection will be awarded the $48,000 Clay Barton Scholarship.
Professor Fran Jabara Scholarship Competition (deadline 12/18/2018)
The W. Frank Barton School of Business awards two $25,000 Professor Fran Jabara Endowed Scholarship each year to students majoring or double-majoring in Entrepreneurship. The scholarship in awarded over a four year period.
All Business Students
The Barton School of Business has over 170 active scholarship funds. The eligibility criteria is unique to each scholarship based on the guidelines set forth by the donor. Some are merit-based and need-based scholarships. With the exception of the James and Catherine Buck Business Scholarship, nearly all business undergraduate scholarships are awarded using the General Business Scholarship Application.
*Information about the recipient, such as name, address, major will be given to the donor of the scholarship they are receiving.
Who Can Apply
- Incoming freshman students
- Incoming undergraduate transfer students
- Current WSU undergraduate and graduate students
- Most business scholarships require a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. If your GPA is below 3.0, you are still welcome to complete an application, but there may be a limited number of scholarships for which you qualify.
- Questions on the General Business Scholarship Application will be used to match the applicant with the guidelines of the available scholarships. Be as accurate and as thorough as possible when answering the questions.
Application Timeline & Additional Information
- We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year. Available funds have already been awarded for 2018-2019.
- The application period for 2019-2020 scholarship awards is open on and close on February 1, 2019. Late applications are accepted and will be considered if funds become available.
Scholarships are not automatically renewable.
Accepting Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
(Applications for incoming freshman, transfer students and current business student)
General Business School Scholarship Application (priority deadline February 1, 2019 for 2019-2020)
James and Catherine Buck Charitable Trust Scholarship (priority deadline February 1, 2019 for 2019-2020)
Requirements for this scholarship: Full-time undergraduate student; GPA between 2.5 and 3.5; be employed off campus a minium of 8 hours per week; and have financial need. The recipients names and GPA of the Buck Scholarship will be given to the trust company.
For Accounting Students
BKD Accountancy Scholarship (Deadline March 1, 2019 for 2019-2020)
Additional Scholarship Opportunities and Tips
- Financial need is determined based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Wichita State University General Scholarships
- Study Abroad Scholarships
- For information on scholarships awarded by the Barton School visit WSU Foundation page
If you have any questions regarding these scholarships, please call Joan Adkisson, Assistant to the Dean and Scholarship Coordinator, at (316) 978-6403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org