Advising & Registration Procedures for New Students
Welcome to WSU Aerospace Engineering, we are excited you are here!
First-year students coming to WSU straight from high school receive advising and registration help via the First-Year Advising office (click here to go to their website).
In any case, always feel free to visit the Aerospace Engineering (AE) Office, your faculty advisor, the AE Student Academic Success Advisor, or the Chairperson. All are happy to help and ready to get you involved in AE.
Students are welcome to visit or contact the AE department anytime between 8:00am and 5:00pm weekdays. You can walk in (Wallace Hall room 200) or call (316-978-3410). We will help you with questions and get you with an advisor, enrolled in classes, and graduating as soon as possible.
Also feel free to send an email or call nights (from 5pm-8am), weekends, or holidays. We'll get back with you as soon as possible.
Here is some additional basic AE specific contact information:
- Again, the AE office phone number and location is 316-978-3410 and Wallace Hall room 200 (WH 200)
- Angela Blackerby is the AE Student Academic Success Advisor (call 316-978-6363 or click here to email her, or visit WH 317)
- Laura Cook is the AE Administrative assistant (call 316-978-3410 or click here to email her, or visit WH 200)
- Find your AE faculty advisor's name and email address by going to your myWSU portal myClasses page (click here for a link)
- Dr. Scott Miller is the department Chairperson (call 316-978-3410 or click here to email him or visit WH 200)
Remember, we are happy to help you with anything!
After your first year, you will transition to AE for all your advising and registration needs. You will then be called a "current student." Click this link for additional information on advising and registration for current students.
Be sure to check out the rest of the AE web site and the Facebook page for more helpful and interesting information.