Vision, Mission, and Strategic Goals
By 2021, the College of Engineering at Wichita State University will be recognized as one of the top 100 engineering schools in the United States.
The mission of the College of Engineering is to be an essential educational and economic driver for Kansas and the greater public good.
Our College has seven strategic goals:
- Guarantee an applied learning or research experience for every student by
each academic program.
- Accelerate the discovery, creation, and transfer of new knowledge
- Capitalize systemically on relevant existing and emerging socioeconomic trends that increase quality educational opportunities.
- Create a new model of faculty and staff assessment, incentive, and reward to accomplish our vision, mission, and goals.
- Empower students to create a campus culture and experience that meets their changing needs.
- Be a campus that reflects—in staff, faculty and students–the evolving diversity of society.
- Pioneer an educational experience for all that integrates interdisciplinary curricula across WSU and other universities.