Registration & Advising Process
COVID-19 ADVISING ANNOUNCEMENT
At this time, all upcoming advising appointments will be moved to phone or other virtual platforms.
If you have a preference on the format of your appointment, please contact your advisor, otherwise it will be assumed you would like a phone call appointment. Please check your email for instructions on how to call in to your appointment.
Please be at a computer and logged in to your myWSU portal prior to the start of your appointment. If other accommodations are needed, please let us know in a timely manner.
We are working diligently to continue to serve you during this time. We will communicate with you as soon as appointments can return to in-person. As always, if you need anything or have any questions, please reach out to your advisor.
Walk-in advising: If the faculty/academic advisor is available, you are welcome to visit with them immediately. Please check with the faculty/academic advisor or the front desk administrative assistant (Engineering Building 120) for walk-in availability.
- Contact the Engineering Technology Administrator to direct you and schedule your appointments, Denise Northup, firstname.lastname@example.org or (316) 978-7582
- Contact your Academic Success Adviser: Maria Lucas, email@example.com or (316) 978-3513
- Contact your Program Director: Gary Brooking, firstname.lastname@example.org or (316) 978-7637
- Contact your Career Development Specialist (for internship/co-op/employment opportunities and related paperwork): Mark Bengtson, email@example.com or (316) 978-6984
|Starting last week of Sept. for Spring &
last week of Feb. for Summer/Fall
|• Find the contact information for your academic/faculty advisor through myWSU portal..
• Email/call your academic/faculty advisor to schedule a meeting (may need a waiting time of up to a week). Please convey the following for an appointment through email to firstname.lastname@example.org and your academic/faculty advisor: Full Name, WSU ID, at least three different available days and times, and any other request for paperwork as needed
|• Based on the unmet requirements in your degree evaluation (available through myWSU portal), prepare a tentative schedule using published course schedule.||Before your scheduled meeting|
|Typically one year before expected graduation||• Senior Audit Process
o If applicable, submit your Application for Degree (AFD) through myWSU portal ("My Classes" tab - "Graduation Links")
|Fall: Oct. 1
Spring/Summer: Mar. 1
|Starting Oct. 1 for Spring &
Mar. 1 for Summer/Fall
|• Meet with your academic/faculty advisor and finalize course schedule for the upcoming
• Discuss technical electives (if applicable).
• If possible, create a list of alternative courses (in case a course becomes unavailable) as well as courses for the following semester leading to a full-year study plan.
• Resolve holds (if any) on your account.
Students with last names A-L: Meet with your faculty advisor in Fall semesters and with academic success advisor in each semesterStudents with last names M-Z: Meet with your faculty advisor in Spring semesters and with academic success advisor in each semester
Students may be excused from meeting with the academic advisor (only in the semester they are required to meet with their faculty advisor and with prior approval from the academic advisor) if:
|Starting the first week of Nov. for Spring &
first week of April for Summer/Fall (tentative)
|• Register for classes as soon as you are eligible to register to ensure seat availability
in the courses. View a Registration Step-by-Step Guide.
• Failure to register in courses per the study plan may affect your graduation date.
Registration dates (look for "Semester Calendar" link)