The Wichita State University Writing Center is a free writing resource available to all WSU students. Trained undergraduate tutors from a variety of majors will help you at any stage of your writing--from brainstorming to later stage work and revisions. Also available are graduates of our BA program and graduate-level tutors, many of whom are working toward their MA in English or MFA in Creative Writing.
- Brainstorming assistance
- Help with developing a topic
- Specific writing problem assistance
- Help with revisions
- Development of critical reading leading to more enhanced writing
- Assistance with sentence, grammatical, or punctuation errors.
- Online grammar exercises
- Seven computers equipped with Word 98
We Will Not
We will not edit or proofread papers, correct grammatical and mechanical errors, revise papers for students, rewrite sentences or paragraphs, write introductions or conclusions, or guarantee good grades on papers. For extensive writing projects, such as theses, please call Kerry Jones, Writing Center director at 978-3173.