PAdm 771: Planning Process
3 Credit Hours
- Understanding the role of the professional planner in the planning process.
- Understanding the process of developing a comprehensive plan.
- Understanding the role of zoning and subdivision regulations in land use planning
- Understanding of basic tools of planning analysis.
- Understanding of functional elements of planning.
- For students desiring to work in an urban planning agency or who will be involved in planning issues as an administrator at the city, county, state, or federal level. Also for students seeking an understanding of the complex process of urban-related life. Examines the role of planning in solving human and environmental problems. Emphasizes the relationship between specialists, citizens and elective officials as participants in the planning process
Major Topics Covered:
- Introduction to Planning
- Controlling and Regulating Land Use
- The Planning Profession
- The Comprehensive Plan
- The Comprehensive Planning Process