PAdm 775: Local Government Law
3 Credit Hours
- Understanding of the fundamental institutions and processes in the American legal system.
- Understanding of basic legal research tools.
- Understanding of the legal organization, structures, functions, and operations of local government, and intergovernmental relations.
- Understanding the extent and limits on local government legal power.
- Understanding of legal principles related to local government property transactions, finance, employee relations, and tort liability.
Exposes students to the legal principles which undergrid the foundation of government operation and administration.
Major Topics Covered: