Graduate School Application Process
Agents: Agents should not submit applications on behalf of students, as the account that is created will then serve as the student activity portal. Instead, please direct your students to create their own account, and submit the application and supporting materials themselves.
STEP 1 - Determine if you will be Degree-Bound or Non-Degree Bound
- Typically international students who will require an F-1 visa cannot be considered for non-degree status, or online programs. International students who wish to remain in their country while studying may apply for online programs.
STEP 2 – View Our Deadlines and Program Information
- Determine the deadline for your program
- Determine what additional materials may be required by your program area
STEP 3 - Gather documents - the application cannot be submitted without these items:
- Unofficial transcripts and degree certification (if degree not posted on transcript). Unofficial transcripts must be otained from each institution you have attended before submitting your Graduate application. You will need to order a secure PDF or have a paper copy sent directly to yourself. Both of these are considered unofficial because they are sent directly to you, rather than directly from the institution to our office. For WSU students, you will need to obtain unofficial transcripts as well. You can access your transcript through the myWSU portal or obtain an unofficial paper copy from your undergraduate advising office to be scanned and uploaded.
- Any documents required by the program, such as test scores, statement of purpose, resume, writing sample, etc. Refer to Step 2 above for more details
- Contact information for references if required by your program
- For international applicants: copy of passport (if available), financial certification, proof of English proficiency
- Permanent Residents will need to upload a copy of proof of permanent residency
STEP 4 - Complete your Online Application - this process includes four steps:
- Create an account
- Begin the Online Application form
- Upload transcripts, supporting materials, and supplemental items as required
- Pay the application fee - application cannot be submitted without payment. The application fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
STEP 5 - Check your application status
Initial review and admission recommendations are completed by the program to which
you applied. The application process is described below:
- Apply to a graduate program online, submit all required materials, and pay the application fee. You can check the status of your application at any time online by following this link and clicking, "manage your account." Your checklist within your application page will reflect ONLY documents you submitted.
- Check your email - we may contact you with questions about your application. If we request anything additional, you will be able to upload it directly to your student activity page within the application portal.
- The graduate program to which you applied reviews the application and forwards a recommendation for admission or denial to the Graduate School.
- The Graduate School reviews the application materials and the departmental recommendation and sends the official decision notification to the applicant through the application portal.
STEP 6 - If offered admission
Students offered admission based on uploaded documents will need to submit official
finalize admission, as indicated below:
- Have official transcripts sent to our office, OR bring them with you when you come to the university.
- Have official test scores sent directly to our office.
If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 316-978-3095, or by email at email@example.com.