Become a highly trained nursing educator
The online MSN in Nursing Education program at Wichita State will prepare you for the next phase of your career as a nursing educator.
This fully online Nursing Education master's degree program will prepare you in:
• Curriculum Design
• Evaluation Methods
• Evidence-based Teaching/Learning Methodologies
• Critical Analysis of Current Research and Trends in Nursing Education
• Patient and Staff Education
• Continuing Nursing Education
37 credit hours are required for degree completion.
- 6 thesis hours (or 3-6 additional project hours) are required for program completion.
The program is individualized to meet the needs and professional goals of each student. The curriculum has been developed to accommodate part-time study (8 or fewer credit hours), as well as full-time study (9–12 credit hours).
$419.19 per credit hour*
*Based on 2018-2019 tuition rates and are subject to change.
This program has been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The 100% online Master of Science in Nursing, with emphasis in Nursing Education will put you on a path to an in-demand and important career as a nursing educator in a school or healthcare facility.
Application and Admission Requirements
Candidates for admission to the Master of Science in Nursing program at Wichita State University should possess a bachelor's degree with a major in nursing from a nationally accredited (NLN or CCNE) school. RN applicants with a degree in another discipline will be considered and counseled on an individual basis.
- Cumulative gradepoint average of 3.00 or higher. Students with lower GPA may submit the MSN Admission Exception Portfolio for consideration by the School of Nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure, in the state for which they practice.
- Proof of professional liability insurance coverage.
- Current background check.
Candidates must pay the application fee and submit items listed below on the Graduate School Application Portal:
- Official transcripts of all college coursework.
- Applicant's letter of intent, clearly stating personal objectives and career goals.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application deadline is May 1.
This program starts once per year, in August.
email@example.com | Local: (316) 978-7757 | Toll Free: (844) 978-6656