WSU’s 330-acre main campus is home to time-honored traditions, action-packed athletics and countless ways for students to connect to the university, the community and to each other. Students enjoy:
- 350+ on-campus events each year
- 225+ student organizations
- 100+ cultural events annually
- 20+ Greek organizations
- 10 Living Learning Communities for campus residents
- YMCA memberships at 10 area Ys (one of the most successful Y systems in the country) including the campus Y and Student Wellness Center, opening January 2020
- Tickets to home athletic events and fine arts performances
- A 75+ outdoor sculpture collection
- Multiple ways to volunteer and make a difference
Athletics and Recreation
WSU boasts 15 NCAA Division I teams, plus a wide range of intramurals, club sports and health/wellness resources. The university is now the newest member of the American Athletic Conference, placing it in competition with other prestigious universities like Southern Methodist, Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston and Connecticut.
• ESPN ranks Koch Arena top 10 in all of college basketball.
• Shocker Athletics has garnered two NCAA Final Fours (1965, 2013) and an NCAA National Championship in baseball (1989).
• Shocker Bowling is the most accomplished collegiate bowling program in the nation with a record 20 men’s and women’s national championships.
• A multi-million-dollar Health and Wellness Center, in partnership with the Greater Wichita YMCA, is currently under construction on the Innovation Campus. The facility will consolidate WSU’s Student Health Services, Counseling and Testing Center and YMCA fitness center and will serve students, faculty, staff, Innovation Campus partners and the community.