Financial Support Documentation
1) Students must complete a Certification of Financial Support at http://wichita.edu/FinStatement.
NOTE: Exchange students on J-1 visas must complete the Certification of Financial Support for Exchange Students instead and submit it with supporting financial documentation which meets the requirements below.
2) ALL STUDENTS must submit a bank statement, bank letter, or other evidence of financial support.
3) Bank documents must be dated within the last 6 months. Your bank documents should not reflect your balance on a single day but rather a daily balance over a one-week period or longer.
4) All documents must be in English. If not in English, the documents must be accompanied by a translation containing the stamp or seal of an official translator.
5) Any currency may be used.
6) All bank documents must be on bank letterhead.
7) If submitting a letter from a bank or company, please see the following sample letters:
• For sponsorship by a parent, family member, or friend using a PERSONAL bank account: http://wichita.edu/BankLetter
• For sponsorship from a BUSINESS or COMPANY bank account: http://wichita.edu/CompanySponsorship
APPROVED SOURCES OF FUNDING:
- Checking Account
- Savings Account
- Money Market Account
- Certificates of Deposit
- Current Account
- Fixed Term Deposits
- Loan (Bank Letter must list maximum amount of loan)
- Graduate Assistantship
NOT ACCEPTED SOURCES OF FUNDING:
- Stocks, Bonds, or Mutual Funds
- Real Estate
- Personal Property (jewelry, car, etc)
- Pension or Retirement Funds (unless bank letter shows funds are immediately available to withdraw for educational purposes)
- Lines of Credit (generally not accepted but considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Pay Stubs
- Credit Card Accounts
- Affidavits of Support