Flag Header

How to Request Readmission

(International Undergraduate or Intensive English)

STEP 1 - View Our Reapplication Deadlines and Service Levels

Premium Service ($145) - 3 business days for processing plus shipping by DHL
Standard Service ($70) - 2-3 weeks for processing plus shipping by DHL

IMPORTANT NOTE: We may need to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to request the reactivation of your SEVIS record. DHS has been taking a few weeks to complete these requests. Even though we will complete the processing of your request for readmission in the estimated time for the Service Level you pay for, we cannot control how quickly DHS will take to reactivate your SEVIS record. For this reason, you should be prepared for delays in the preparation of your new I-20. This will not apply to students who will have their SEVIS record transferred to us from their current U.S. school.

STEP 2 - Pay the Reapplication Fee By Credit Card
You must pay the reapplication fee before submitting your readmission application.

STEP 3 - Complete the Online Readmission Application.

STEP 4 - Print and Complete a Certification of Financial Support
• Submit financial documentation dated less than six months ago.

STEP 5 - Obtain Official Transcripts from Schools you Attended Since you Last Applied
We need official transcripts from any high school, university, college, or institute you attended.
• Transcripts from U.S. and Canadian schools must be posted directly from the school.
• Transfer students may be asked to submit syllabi at a later date, if needed.

STEP 6 - Scan All of Your Application Materials
• Scan your official transcripts, Certification of Financial Support and financial documentation, test results (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT or ACT), passport copy, etc.
If you have met our English Proficiency requirement, it's important that you upload your scores with your transcripts and financial documentation.
• Scan your documents into pdf (Adobe Reader format), if possible.

STEP 7 - Electronically Submit Your Application Materials
• If for some reason you cannot electronically submit your transcripts, they may be posted to our address below.
Note: Transcripts from U.S. and Canadian schools should NOT be sent electronically. Transcripts from U.S. and Canadian school must be posted to us directly from the school. View Transcript requirements from Your Country.

Our address is:
Office of International Education
Wichita State University
1845 Fairmount Street
Wichita, Kansas 67260-0122 USA

STEP 8 - Bring Your Official Transcripts with You to Wichita
• If you electronically submitted your transcripts and you are accepted for readmission, you will need to mail an official copy of your transcript or bring it with you when you travel to Wichita. To be official, transcripts must be an original or photocopy stamped/signed by a school official, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of
Education, or other government authority. Attestations by notary publics MAY NOT be accepted. View Transcript requirements from Your Country for more details.