Refund Policy for Enrollment Deposit and Advanced Tuition
Wichita State University's refund policy for international applicants (and agents) is as follows:
- The Undergraduate & Intensive English Application Fee
The undergraduate & Intensive English application fee is not refundable - even if the applicant is not accepted for admission.
- Prepayments of Tuition (including the US$7000 Enrollment Deposit for Applicants from
Nigeria, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Fujian Province, China)
The deposit will be used to pay for the student’s tuition, fees, on-campus housing, and medical insurance after the student has enrolled. If the student fails to enroll, the enrollment deposit is not refundable unless the student cancels his or her admission and returns his or her unused Form I-20 to the Office of International Education. We will only accept a signed request from the applicant in order to refund a tuition prepayment. We cannot accept refund requests by e-mail or fax. Please note that refunds may take up to 90 days to process.
- Refund Methods
If an applicant qualifies for a refund, the money will be sent as follows:
1) If the original payment was made by credit card, the refund will be credited to the same credit card.
2) If the original payment was made by international wire transfer through Flywire (formerly peerTransfer), the refund will be processed through Flywire.
3) If the original payment was made by a U.S. bank check, the refund will be processed through direct deposit to the U.S. bank account upon the student setting up eRefund in myWSU.
4) If the original payment was made by bank draft or money order, the refund will be returned by direct deposit to a U.S. bank account assigned by the student who applied for admission (regardless of who actually paid the money).
- Advanced Tuition
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students are NOT required to pay their tuition and fees before coming to Wichita. However, some students elect to make a prepayment. If you decide to make a payment in advance, it will be used to pay for WSU tuition, fees, on-campus housing, and medical insurance purchased through the University. No portion of your prepayment will be refunded to you to pay for books, off-campus housing, personal expenses, medical insurance purchased off-campus, etc. For this reason, you should bring extra money to pay for these expenses. If the amount of your prepayment exceeds the amount you owe, any extra amount will be applied to your next semester's tuition. If you transfer to another school in the U.S., your prepayment will be sent to your transfer school. It will not be sent to you.