Flags Header

Refund Policy for Enrollment Deposit and Advanced Tuition

Wichita State University's refund policy for international applicants (and agents) is as follows:

  • The Undergraduate & Intensive English Application Fee
    The undergraduate & Intensive English application fee is not refundable - even if the applicant is not accepted for admission.
  • Required Enrollment Deposits
    US$7000 Enrollment Deposit for Applicants from Bangladesh, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Fujian Province, China
    as requested from other Applicants in special situations
    The deposit will be used to pay for the student’s tuition, fees, on-campus housing, and medical insurance after the student has enrolled. If the student fails to enroll, the enrollment deposit is not refundable unless the student completes a Refund Request Form and agrees to the following terms:
    - By requesting a refund, the student’s admission and I-20 will be automatically canceled. Once canceled, the I-20 cannot be used to enter the U.S.
    - Before issuing a refund, Wichita State University will look in SEVIS, a U.S. federal database, to confirm that the student’s I-20 was not used to enter the U.S. If the I-20 was used to enter the U.S., the student will not be eligible for a refund of the enrollment deposit.
    - Payments that were made more than two years ago could have been sent to the State of Kansas as unclaimed property. In that case, students will need to contact the State of Kansas to request a refund.
    - Refunds may take up to 60 days to be processed.
    • Refund Methods
      If an Applicant qualifies for a refund, the money will be sent as follows:
      1) If the original payment was made by credit card, the refund will be credited to the same credit card.
      2) If the original payment was made by international wire transfer through Flywire (formerly peerTransfer), the refund will be processed through Flywire.
      3) If the original payment was made by a U.S. bank check, the refund will be processed through direct deposit to the U.S. bank account upon the student setting up eRefund in myWSU.
      4) If the original payment was made by bank draft or money order, the refund will be returned by direct deposit to a U.S. bank account assigned by the student who applied for admission (regardless of who actually paid the money).
  • Voluntary Prepayment of Tuition
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Most students are NOT required to pay their tuition and fees before coming to Wichita. However, you can elect to make a prepayment. If you decide to make a payment in advance, it will be used to pay for WSU tuition, fees, on-campus housing, and medical insurance purchased through the University. No portion of your prepayment will be refunded to you to pay for books, off-campus housing, personal expenses, etc. For this reason, you should bring extra money to pay for these expenses. If the amount of your prepayment exceeds the amount you owe, any extra amount will be applied to your next semester's tuition. If you transfer to another school in the U.S., your prepayment will be sent to your transfer school. It will not be sent to you.