1) Enrollment Deposit Requirement
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2, 2018, WSU implemented an enrollment deposit for Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) applicants to ensure they have the financial ability to study in the U.S.
If the student is accepted, a US$7,000 enrollment deposit must be paid before an I-20 is issued. To improve your chances of getting a visa, your I-20 will show that you paid the deposit.
All DRC applicants, whether they are in the U.S. or not, are subject to the $7,000 enrollment deposit.
2) Submit an Application and Pay the Application Fee
Follow steps one and two on the How to Apply webpage.
3) Transcript Requirement
- Photocopy of Examen D'Etat and a transcript of the results in both English and French or a copy of the Releve De Notes issued by the Ministry of Education.
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended or are now attending – even if you do not want transfer credit.
- Front and Back of all transcripts.
- Translations: Original transcripts not in English must be accompanied by an official translation in the same format and stamped by a qualified translator. Translations by students are not accepted.
- You are required to submit final, official educational records after admission. You may present the final document(s) after arrival in Wichita, but the check-in process will be faster if official copies are sent prior to arrival. It is especially important for students with transfer credit to submit official copies of educational records as soon as possible to facilitate the transfer credit process. Without official copies of your educational records you can enroll for one semester only.
- To Be Official: Transcripts must be an original or photocopy stamped/signed by a school official, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education, other government authority or Education USA. Transcripts may NOT be stamped "Issued to student."
4 ) Electronically Submit Your Application Materials:
Follow the step-by-step instructions on the How to Apply webpage, including requirements for a certificate of financial support and how to submit your materials.
5) Enrollment Deposit Policy
If admissible, you will receive a scanned letter indicating you are admissible and the I-20 will be prepared once the enrollment deposit is received.
The deposit will be used to pay for WSU tuition, fees, on-campus housing, and medical insurance purchased through the University. No portion of the deposit will be refunded to the student to pay for books, off-campus housing, personal expenses, medical insurance purchased off-campus, etc. You will need to bring extra money to pay for these expenses.
If a student enrolls in classes at WSU but owes less than the US$7,000 deposit paid previously, the overpayment will not be refunded. Instead, the overpayment will be applied to the student's next semester of enrollment.
If a student transfers to another institution after completing their first semester of enrollment at WSU, he or she will not be eligible for a refund of any balance left in their account.
The enrollment deposit can be made by a wired payment for those outside of the United
State. Click here for how to pay with a wired payment. Or, the enrollment deposit can be paid by a
check. All checks must be issued by a U.S. bank. Check should be made payable to "Wichita
State University" and sent to:
Office of International Education
Wichita State University
1845 Fairmount Street
Wichita, Kansas 67260-0122 USA