The Kansas City Area Scholarship was established to support new, incoming WSU students who are originally from the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The scholarship is funded by Wichita State Alumni and Supporters from Kansas City and overseen by the Wichita State Foundation.
Established in 2017, this scholarship will award multiple $500 to $1,000 scholarships to students chosen by the selection committee. The awards will be one-time scholarships distributed over the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Applicants must be admitted as new freshmen or transfer students to WSU for fall 2023
- Applicants must have their permanent mailing address in:
- Douglas, Franklin, Johnson, Leavenworth, Miami and Wyandotte counties in Kansas, OR
- Bates, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Lafayette, Platte and Ray counties in Missouri.
- Demonstrate financial need through completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For students ineligible to complete a FAFSA, please submit a statement of financial need on the scholarship application.
Applicants must complete and submit their application by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. Selected recipients will be contacted by early April.
Please note that this form is not savable. It is highly recommended that you type your short essay question responses in a word processing document, and then paste into the form below.
The Kansas City Scholarship application is now closed.