Thank you for your interest in Wichita State! Group visits are designed for groups of 10 or more students, as young as 6th grade. We are currently limiting in-person group visits to no more than 40 students.
- If you're bringing fewer than 10 students to campus, please sign up your students through our individual campus visit program.
- Virtual and in-person visits are available. You can select your preference on the sign-up form.
- If you're bringing Kindergarten through 5th grade students, we offer a self-guided tour experience.
Before registering your community college, high school or middle school group, please review the visit information, tips and guidelines on this page. We look forward to hosting your group on campus!
General guidelines and tips
- Group visits include an Admissions presentation and a 75-minute walking tour.
- Not offered on Fridays, weekends or when the university is closed.
- Group visits scheduled in the months of April and October will be limited to a group size of 150 students.
- Scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis with priority given to high school groups.
- Encourage students to wear comfortable shoes, dress appropriately for the weather and bring any gear they feel is necessary for the visit day's forecast.
Arriving for your visit
- You will receive a confirmation email from the group visit coordinator with details regarding where to check in the day of your visit.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early to allow for time to unload students and take care of any personal needs prior to your visit.
- If your group is running late, please call us at 316-978-3085. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, your presentation and / or tour will be shortened or cancelled, as our student tour guides are available based on their class schedules.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance.
Parking on campus
Visitor parking is available in any green / yellow lot, and there is an hourly charge to park in the parking garage.
Bus parking is available south of Charles Koch Arena and at Eck Stadium.View our campus parking map
Groups have the option to pay to eat lunch on campus during their visit. Your options include:
- Shocker Hall Dining: Our all-you-can-eat dining facility on campus. Please contact WSU Dining Services at 316-978-3477 to arrange lunch tickets if your group wishes to eat in Shocker Hall.
- Rhatigan Student Center: Includes Chick-fil-A, Freddy’s Frozen Custard, Panda Express, Pizza Hut, Starbucks and Shocker Sports Grill and Lanes.