The Amie Montgomery Scholarship was established by the Student Ambassador Society, the Montgomery family and other private donations. The purpose of it is to provide financial assistance to outstanding Wichita State University students completing their college education.
The scholarship exists because Amie had a tremendous impact on the lives of other students who knew her during her time as a student at Wichita State University. Amie was tragically killed in 1997 but her legacy lives on because of her commitment to WSU and the Wichita community. The diversity of her talents and interests made her a fascinating person, able to identify and relate to many people. The Student Ambassador Society is proud to have had Amie as a founding member and to honor her with this scholarship.
The SAS Executive Council will select three applicants to receive a $500 scholarship during the academic year. Eligible applicants must submit a completed data form and a 300-word essay.
Scholarship requirements include:
1. Scholarship(s) will be awarded annually to a student(s) enrolled full time at Wichita State University.
2. Recipient(s) should have a commitment to volunteerism.
3. Recipient(s) may not be members of the Student Ambassador Society.
4. Consideration will be given to students with a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA.
5. Award(s) will be made with regard to financial need once all other criteria are met.
The deadline for the 2023-2024 school year is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 14, 2023.
If you have questions about this scholarship, please reach out to email@example.com.
Please note that this form is not savable. It is highly recommended that you type your essay using a word processing program, then paste into the form below.