The Amie Montgomery Scholarship was established by the Student Ambassador Society, the Montgomery family and other private donations. The purpose of it is to provide financial assistance to outstanding Wichita State University students completing their college education.
The scholarship exists because Amie had a tremendous impact on the lives of other students who knew her during her time as a student at Wichita State University. Amie was tragically killed in 1997 but her legacy lives on because of her commitment to WSU and the Wichita community. The diversity of her talents and interests made her a fascinating person, able to identify and relate to many people. The Student Ambassador Society is proud to have had Amie as a founding member and to honor her with this scholarship.
The SAS Executive Council will select one applicant to receive a $500 scholarship during the academic year. Eligible applicants must submit a completed data form and a 300-word essay.
Scholarship requirements include:
- United States of America citizen or permanent resident status
- Applicants must be enrolled at Wichita State University as a full-time, undergraduate
- Applicants must have at least a 2.75 overall grade point average
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours of WSU college work prior to submission of an application
- Applicants may not be current or former members of the Student Ambassador Society
The deadline for the 2019-2020 school year is 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 15, 2019.