The Heskett Center, first known as the Multipurpose Complex, is home to Campus Recreation, the College of Applied Studies' Sports Management and Human Performance Studies programs, and the dance program for the School of Performing Arts. Along with classrooms, offices, a Human Performance Studies Lab, and dance studios, the building contains Campus Recreation’s fitness center. The fitness center includes a cardio room; circuit room; weight room; gymnasium with five basketball courts, a six lane running track, and a rock climbing wall; a natatorium with a swimming pool and diving well; and various other activity rooms. When it opened in 1983, the 165,000-square-foot building provided the first new recreation space of this type on campus since Henrion Gymnasium was constructed back in the Fairmount College days. The building was later named in honor of the parents of H. Dene Heskett, class of 1935, following his major gift to the university. The following spaces in the building have been named to recognize contributions that made the center possible: Cessna Commons, Wiedemann Natatorium, Fourth National Bank Lobby and Commons, Harry Litwin Dance Studio, Brown Trust of Wichita Saunas, First National Bank in Wichita Lecture Hall, Kenneth Robinson Combative Room, and the Susan Metzner Kraft Memorial Racquetball Court.