About the Research Compliance Office
In addition to the many federal laws and regulations that govern institutions of higher education, there are also state laws and board of regents polices that must be followed. A resource for these regulations can be found by visiting the Higher Education Compliance Alliance website.
The Research Compliance Office serves the WSU community by providing guidance for complying with federal and state regulatory matters that intersect with research. Our office has primary responsibility for the following areas:
- Export Compliance
- Conflicts of Interest and management of those conflicts
- International Shipping
- Screening of individuals and entities against lists of restricted or debarred parties
- International Travel for Research/WSU related purposes
- Collection and Maintenance of WSU departments’ annual representations & certifications
The Research Compliance Office also supports the following departments on campus:
- International Education - Visa Applications, Study Abroad opportunities
- General Counsel – completion of forms and repository for completed representations and certifications
- Purchasing – procurement from international vendors
- WSU Post Office – resource for review of items being imported into the U.S. or exported out of the U.S.
Culture of Compliance
Wichita State University is committed to conducting its academic and administrative responsibilities in an ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and University policy. The University not only expects, but also depends on you to share this responsibility.
Research Compliance Office Staff
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-COMP (2667) with questions, concerns or for assistance. We are here to help you navigate the world of research compliance.