The Office of Research is dedicated to providing financials, analytical, cost accounting and effort reporting expertise to the management of Wichita State University ‘s innovativeness and to fulfillment of broader operational objectives. We establish and oversee conformance with University policy, procedure, and practice in matters relating to cost accounting and effort reporting for sponsored programs.
Specific areas in which we serve as a primary institutional resource include:
- Provides support for F & A rate development and proposal submission to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
- OMB Circular A-21, Cost Principles for Educational Institutions, including (a) allowability of costs on sponsored programs, and (b) distinctions between direct and indirect costs of sponsored programs
- Effort Reporting management and compliance
- Laboratory, centers and labor rates setting and approval process
- Support for cost accounting related to laboratory, center and labor rates policy and procedures
- Reviews related to costing from various agencies (i.e. NSF, NIH, etc.)
- Prepare consolidated monthly and annual financial reports by organization and business unit.
- Prepare consolidated monthly and annual budgets by organization and business unit
- Prepare consolidated indirect cost income (IDC) report monthly and annually by organization and business units
- Prepare allocation calculations for return of indirect costs to department accounts by organization and business units
- Prepare SRO cash report monthly and annually by organization and business unit
- Prepare Financial and indirect cost analysis by organization and business unit
- Provide guidelines for the Office of Research payable, receivable and payroll support
- Provide technical support for grant, industry, contract, cost accounting and regulatory compliance
- Provides support for cost center allocation rates for various organizations and business units
- Provides support on the federal/state laws and OMB Circulars (A-21, A-110, A-133, FAR), which affect sponsored program activities