TRIO Disability Support Services (DSS) is a federally funded program that provides opportunities for academic development and motivates students in obtaining a bachelor’s degree. The program commits to assist first-generation and/or limited income undergraduate students who have learning, physical, and psychological disabilities while protecting the dignity and values of all DSS participants.
- Download TRIO DSS Program Application for 2020-2021 Academic Year Make sure to save and open PDF file using Adobe Reader to complete the fillable form.
- Stop by the TRIO DSS Office in Grace Wilkie Annex RM 158 to pick up a hard copy any time between 9:00AM - 5:00PM, Monday - Friday.
- Digital copies of the completed application and supporting documentation may be submitted
by email to email@example.com. Hard copies may be sumitted in person to the TRIO DSS Office.
To establish eligibility for program services, the student:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Must be an undergraduate student pursuing their first bachelor’s degree
- Must provide verified documentation* of a disability (i.e. learning, physical, emotional,
*All documentation is confidential information and is protected as such. If you have a disability that is not
documented, the DSS Staff will assist you in locating a licensed professional qualified to assist you with
assessing and documenting your disability.
How to Apply
All completed applications must include the following:
- Completed and signed TRIO Disability Support Services Program application including Your Preferred Learning Styles and O*Net Interest Profiler forms
- Copy of most recent transcript (Incoming Freshmen will need to provide their high
- Copy of most recent Federal Income Tax Return (IRS 1040)
• Parents’ income tax return (if you are a dependent according to FAFSA)
• Your income tax return (if you are an independent according to FAFSA)
• See advisor for other income verification options
- Disability documentation (IEP, DSF from ODS, documentation from a licensed professional)
The following services are provided to students who participate in the TRIO DSS program:
- Academic tutoring
- Advice and assistance in postsecondary course selection
- Information on the full range of federal student financial aid programs and benefits
- Assistance in completing FAFSA
- Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy
- Assistance to students in applying for admission to, and obtaining financial assistance
enrollment in, graduate and professional programs
- Adaptive technology lab
- Free printing
- Scholarship opportunities
- Study skills workshops