The subcommittees support the FGCC committee representative to meet the goals of the
council. In layman’s terms they are the worker bees, their input and commitment implement
the work across campus.
Each committee has a set goals that are set at the beginning of each academic year.
- MARKETING: Collaborate on first-gen activities, input on the constellation of support,
plan and implement first-gen week, support and partner with FGSO. TBD, Convener
- DATA & ASSESSMENT: Data review of the student profile, a look at outcomes, retention,
time to complete and graduation rates of first-gen. Jason Bosch, Convener
- FACULTY & STAFF ENGAGEMENT: Looking at professional development & support and elevation
of the first-gen affinity group. Dr. Gery Markova, Convener
- FIRST-GEN AFFINITY GROUP: Share in the support of professional development opportunities,
faculty & staff book reads and social/mentoring activities amongst Shocker faculty
& staff. Dr. Bobby Berry, Convener
- GRADUATE EDUCATION: A new committee. Looking at services and support for first-gen
grad students. Aaron Coffey, Convener