Signature Fields in Acrobat Forms
Most fields in Acrobat Fillable Forms are fairly intuitive: simply click into the field and start typing. Signature Fields, however, are a bit different. This guide will walk you through how to sign a form in Acrobat using the fillable form signature fields.
Two notes before you begin:
- Make sure you have opened the form in Adobe Acrobat, not in Edge, Preview, or another PDF program.
- There are several ways to collect signatures in Acrobat. This guide is intended to assist with the typical signature fields in fillable forms. They look like this:
If you are creating a signature in a PDF without a form field present, you may be interested in Adobe Fill & Sign instead.
How to Sign an Acrobat Form
Hover your mouse over the signature field, and click on top of it.
Do you see a list of IDs containing your name/information?
Do you not see any Digital IDs to select? If not:
1. Press Configure New Digital ID.
2. For Type of digital ID, select Create a new Digital ID and press Continue.
3. For Destination, select Save to File and press Continue.
4. Create a Self-Signed Digital ID: enter your Name and Email Address. Organization is optional. Press Continue.
5. Create a password: apply a password and confirm it. Press Save.
Now you are ready to sign the form. Read on for how to sign.
Do you already have digital IDs present? If so:
1. Select the correct ID, and press Continue.
2. When prompted, enter your password, and press Sign.
3. You may be prompted to save the form:
- File Name: You may rename the form, which would create a copy, or keep the same name, to overwrite the original.
- Location: Browse and select a location to save the file.
- Press Save.