Frequently asked questions about the new Duo dual-factor authorization system at Wichita State University.
The following log in screens will require Duo: myWSU portal, OWA (webmail), WSU Team Dynamix, and Banner applications.
- Duo Push (recommended): Pushes a login request to your smartphone or tablet via the Duo Mobile App.
- Call Me: Authenticate via phone callback
- Enter a Passcode: Log in using a passcode, either generated with Duo Mobile, sent via text, or provided by an administrator.
- USB Security Key (YubiKey): With the key, there is a departmental cost involved. For more information, contact the Help Desk: (316) 978-HELP or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Device dropdown, select an alternate device that you have set up previously (e.g. landline). If you have not set up an alternate device, contact the Help Desk.
Log in to myWSU; you will be prompted to set up Duo.
- We highly recommend setting up two devices initially.
- Select Add a New Device on the left side of the Duo authentication screen and follow the prompts. More detailed instructions can be found here.
One option is for departments to purchase Yubi keys. Yubi keys are USB devices that will allow a user access to Duo. There are two types:
- Blue key: can be set up by the user and only works with Google Chrome
- Black key: has to be set up by ITS and works with all browsers
- Both incur a cost to your department.
- Contact the Help Desk for more information: (316) 978-HELP or email@example.com.
Go to My Settings and Devices on the left side of the Duo authentication screen to remove an old phone number and add a new one. You will have to authenticate with another method. If you have not set up another method, contact the Help Desk at (316) 978-HELP or firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if you don’t currently have cell service, if you have previously set up Duo on your cell phone you can use the passcode found in the Duo mobile app.
- Open the Duo mobile app on your phone.
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the Wichita State University logo.
- A six digit passcode will be visible.
- When logging into a Duo site on your computer, instead of selecting Send Me a Push, select Enter a Passcode
- Type in the six digit number from step 3.
Another option is to obtain a YubiKey before travel. Contact the Help Desk for more information about YubiKeys.
For more information about Duo, please visit guide.duo.com
To search for specific questions, visit help.duo.com