Substance Use Disorder Counseling

Counseling and Psychological Services at Wichita State offers confidential counseling services at an affordable price. We do not provide court mandated counseling services. We do provide substance abuse screenings and consultation appointments for alcohol and drug sanctions that may be given due to a Student Conduct and Community Standards sanction.

To learn more about our services, please visit the Counseling and Psychological Services website or call our office at 316-978-4792.

Know When and How to Refer a Friend

When to refer : 
1. When someone tells you that they might have a drinking and/or drug problem.
2. When someone tells you that they have been arrested or written up for an alcohol or drug related incident.
3. When you notice that someone misses early morning or evening classes because of partying or the aftermath of partying.
4. You notice that someone's mood changes drastically and there is evidence that they have been drinking or using other drugs.

Where to refer:
1. Reach out or refer your friend to Counseling and Psychological Services. You can call our office at 316-978-4792. We offer free consultation to individuals in need and assist in providing resources that are available and may provide assistance.
2. File a CARE Team concern expressing your concerns. The CARE team will then assess the report and make a decision on appropriate needs and resources to be provided.
3. See additional links and resources below that may be of interest.

**Although most people do not drink or use drugs to this extent, it is important to be aware that some people will. Be prepared to take action when necessary.


Additional Resources - Web Links

Adult Children of Alcoholics World Service
Alcoholics Anonymous
Drink Calculator
Drug Help
Narcotics Anonymous
Tobacco Information
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism's College Drinking Prevention Sex, Etc
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)