There are two options that will allow you to deal with incoming calls in case you are in a meeting in your office, need to focus or if you have an extended leave of absence.
Option 1: Programming a button on your console
- Most phone consoles on campus have the ability to have a Send All Calls button programmed.
- To Utilise this feature, simply touch the button to send all of your calls directly to voicemail without the phone ringing.
- To turn it off, simply touch the button again and it allows calls to ring through to your desk phone again.
Option 2: Manually set the feature
- Pick up the handset and dial "*3" to activate the feature.
- Pick up the handset and dial "#3" to turn off the feature.
Call Forwarding : Forwards all incoming calls to another extension
Manually set the feature
- Pick up the handset and dial "*2", then the 4-digit extension, to activate the feature.
- Pick up the handset and dial "#2" to turn off the feature.
There is another feature that allows your desk phone to ring to your cell phone when and if you want it to. This can be turned on and off at your discretion. To have this feature programmed, submit a service request at www.wichita.edu/services/telecom. The user guide for this (EC500) can be found at http://www.wichita.edu/services/telecom