Are you Career Ready?
Career readiness is the attainment and demonstration of requisite competencies that
typically prepare college graduates for a successful transition into the workplace.
Do you possess all eight competencies?
- Demonstrates effective work habits and personal accountability
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior
- Able to learn from mistakes
- Leverages existing digital technologies
- Adapts to new and emerging technologies
- Leverages the strengths of others to achieve common goals
- Uses interpersonal skills to coach and develop others
- Organizes, prioritizes, and delegates work
- Builds collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers
- Able to work within a team structure
- Can negotiate and manage conflict
- Values, respects, and learns from diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, sexual orientation,
- Demonstrates openness, inclusiveness, sensitivity and the ability to interact respectfully
with all people and understand individual differences
- Articulates personal skills, strengths, knowledge, and experiences
- Identifies areas necessary for professional growth
- Takes the steps necessary to pursue opportunities
*Adapted from the NACE Career Readiness Competencies