Job Search

The Shocker Career Accelerator is here to assist you with your job search, whether you are seeking an on-campus position, internship, or full-time career employment.

International students may work on-campus, and some students may qualify for off-campus authorization. Contact the International Education Office to determine if you are eligible for off-campus authorization. 

Our Tools

Handshake: career development employment database for co-op/internships, full-time career employment, on-campus positions and more!

  • Update your profile in Handshake (wichitastate.joinhandshake.com) by logging in with your WSU ID and password.
  • Upload your resume to Handshake.
  • If your resume was not approved after you uploaded it to Handshake, schedule a resume review with a peer adviser by calling (316) 978-3688.
  • When your resume is approved in Handshake, you may begin searching and applying for on-campus and full-time employment positions.

MyVisaJobs: online resource for accessing employers who hire international students.

  • Click on “Search Visa Sponsor” on right side of page.
  • Type in work, city, and industry of choice.
  • These companies are employers who have applied for H1-B Visa.

Working on Campus: Wichita State University hires students to work in various positions all over campus. Learn more and apply for these open positions through Handshake

Co-op/Internship Program
  • CPT - Academic program allowing eligible students to accept employment connected to their major field of study.
  • OPT- Students with F-1 status who have completed or have been pursuing their degrees for more than nine months are permitted to work for one year on a student visa towards getting practical training to complement their education.
  • H1-B Visa- Most common way for employers to sponsor professional works in U.S. in order to qualify employee must hold a position that requires at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.