What to Know
LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network on the internet. You can use LinkedIn to find the right job or internship, connect and strengthen professional relationships, and learn the skills you need to succeed in your career. You can access LinkedIn from a desktop, LinkedIn mobile app, mobile web experience, or the LinkedIn Lite Android mobile app.
A complete LinkedIn profile can help you connect with opportunities by showcasing your unique professional story through experience, skills, and education.
You can also use LinkedIn to organize offline events, join groups, write articles, post photos and videos, and more.
LinkedIn is a platform for anyone who is looking to advance their career. This can include people from various professional backgrounds, such as small business owners, students, and job seekers. LinkedIn members can use LinkedIn to tap into a network of professionals, companies, and groups within and beyond their industry.
LinkedIn is an online platform that connects the world’s professionals. Here are a few steps to get started on LinkedIn:
- Create your profile: Signing up and creating your profile is the best way to begin using LinkedIn. A complete LinkedIn profile will summarize your professional experience to your connections, current and future employers, and recruiters. Through your profile, you can showcase your professional life, milestones, skills and interests.
- Build your network: Your network plays a crucial part in unlocking the power of LinkedIn. It’ll help you understand what is happening in your industry and professional circle. You can begin by adding your family, friends, past or current classmates, and coworkers to your network. You can also follow people, companies, or topics by navigating directly to the Follow fresh perspectives page, which displays recommended sources to follow. You can use the LinkedIn Events feature to create and join professional Events such as online workshops, seminars, sales and marketing Events, networking Events and more.
- Find a job: If you’re looking for a new professional opportunity, you can get started on your job search on LinkedIn. You can use LinkedIn to research companies and reach out to the hiring community. You can also apply directly for roles, save job searches, and notify your connections and recruiters that you’re open for job opportunities.
- Participate in conversations: You can easily participate in conversations on LinkedIn. Participating in conversations can allow you to share your perspective on relevant issues and topics with others. You can like and comment on posts and articles on LinkedIn. You can create or join LinkedIn Groups to connect and grow with members who share your interests, experiences, or aspirations. You can also use a set of lightweight expressions called LinkedIn reactions, to easily communicate with your network.
- Post content: Millions of members come to LinkedIn every day to connect, learn, and share. You can empower and educate your professional circle with the content you post on LinkedIn. You can also share your thoughts and ideas with LinkedIn members using the share box.
- Stay up-to-date on events, connect with alumni and learn job search tips
- Click here to follow
Did you know that LinkedIn Learning is available to all Wichita State University students, faculty, and staff? Discover how this all-in-one learning solution can enhance your education, add value to your academic program, or help you learn a new skill!