About Our Current Records
During any given Session of the Student Government Association, we strive to maintain active records that shows the student body the work the Student Government is doing on their behalf. Student Government policy requires the Records Administrator to maintain active records of attendance, minutes, legislation and voting decisions. For any questions, please contact the SGA Chief of Staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Records page is maintained by the Record Administrator; however, there are a few things to note:
- Records are updated within 48 hours after records are approved;
- Legislative Packets include the minutes from the following Senate meeting;
- Judicial Records are considered closed, depending on the case;
- Executive Records are updated within 48 hours after records are approved;
The Student Government uses ShockerSync to store records. To View the current sessions Records, please click here.
- Legislative Packets are shared with Senators each week
- The Legislation Folder holds Legislation and where those current items are
- Past Session hold records from previous years
- For Student Senate Committee records, please click here. Please note, this link is a view-only access.
About the Rules and Regulations of the Association
The Wichita State University Student Government Association serves as the sole and supreme governing body over all students of Wichita State University. The officials of the Student Government Association are the elected or appointed students who represent the will of the student body. The Association is made up of the entire student body in which grants authority to the Government to represent and advocate for them. The Rules and Regulations of the Association govern the make up and authority of the Association. The most up to date copy is linked here.
The Rules and Regulations are divided into four sections:
- The Constitution of the Student Body is the supreme law, in which, forms and regulates the Student Government. Changes to the Constitution must be approved by the Student Senate by a 2/3 majority vote, the Student Body President and then finally by the Student Body
- The Student Bill of Rights provides a guaranteed safeguard for the rights as members of this Association: these rights exist because they are held to be the means through which humankind achieves its greatest fulfillment. A bill of rights exists to prevent encroachment upon this freedom. Changes to the Bill of Rights are made by the Student Senate, by the Faculty Senate, and by the President of the University
- The Bylaws of the Student Government are codified processes and procedures for the elected or appointed officials of the Government. These are policies that regulates the Student Government and are drafted to expand the Constitution. Changes to the Bylaws must be approved by the Student Senate and the Student Body President
- The Statues of the Student Government is protected law, in which, forms and regulates special authorities granted to the Student Government. Changes to the Statutes must be approved by the Student Senate by a simple majority vote, the Student Body President and then finally by the University President
The Student Body President, serving as Chief Executive Officer, is granted administrative authority. Meaning, administrative powers shall be vested in the President of the Association. The President of the Association shall be granted administrative powers not already governed by law of the Association.
Student Government Appropriations Funds Tracker
To view the Tracker for all Appropriations Funded Groups, please click here. Please note that you must have a WSUID to access the Tracker link.
FY24 Student Fees Binder
The Student Fees Commission has reviewed the Budget Requests for the FY24 Student Fee cycle. To view the binder, please click here.