Wichita State University seeks to be a campus that reflects and promotes – in all community members – the evolving diversity of society.
- Review university processes and procedures that may create barriers to diversity and inclusive excellence.
- Enhance opportunities for minority and underrepresented students to engage, receive mentoring, and professional development.
- Develop opportunities for students, faculty and staff to voice their needs and concerns in order to improve their experiences and enrich the campus culture.
- Continuously evaluate and enhance the curriculum with diversity-related content.
- Seek and develop opportunities for diversity-related research. 6. Seek and develop opportunities to engage with diverse population.
Exemplar strategic initiatives
- Analytics showcase the Study of Economic Growth
- Tilford Conference (traveling)
- Tilford Symposium
- Tilford Commission fellows Latinx cluster hire Biannual climate survey
- First-gen affinity group
- National celebration of first-generation student success
- Redesign talent management process with technology
- Summer Research Institute
- Formation of National PanHellenic Council for Divine Nine
Key Performance Indicators
- UG student research participation
- Percentage of students completing the Tilford Certificate
- Percentage of survey respondents report a positive campus climate
- Percentage of LBGTQIA Survey Improvement
- Percentage of faculty/staff/administrators who identify in target groups (Affirmative Action plan report)
- Availability of structural supports (affinity groups)
- Availability of training and professional development for faculty and staff
- Percentage of women and minoritized faculty in STEM
- Percentage of parity of pay