"The most advantageous aspect of the program for me and my district was the field study. I learned how to conduct field research in preparation for my dissertation and developed professional relationships that exist today. My district was able to design a study with no expense and no bias."
Wichita State University offers two degree programs in Educational Leadership:
The WSU Master's Degree in Educational Leadership is a 33 hour, two-year program, with cohort groups forming each fall school session. Master's Degree instruction focuses on developing and practicing administrative knowledge, skills, dispositions and competencies in applied learning settings. In the fall and spring semesters, students enroll in Leadership Seminar classes and one Building Level Leadership Practicum class. Seminar and practicum classes meet on WSU's Main Campus on Monday evenings.
- Cohort-based – 10-12 students begin the program during Summer session. Classes meet in person every Wednesday from 12:00pm - 6:00pm during the academic year. Summer courses are offered in hybrid format.
- Three-year, 55 hour program: Students take two years of coursework together and the third year is dedicated to the dissertation.
- Students and faculty conduct research projects for local educational institutions. Results of the studies are disseminated to local, state, and national audiences through presentations and publications.
- Significant support is provided through the dissertation process and consequently we have a very high completion rate.
Coming soon! - Fall 2019
Educational Leadership - Educational Psychology Track
Our program straddles across disciplines and offers an EdD degree to students interested in understanding and shaping learning, thinking, problem solving and the like, in diverse settings - schools, workplaces, higher education, industry and other institutions or organizations.
- Customizable Emphasis
- Flexible Course Delivery
- Advanced Research Methods/Analytics
- Applied Studies/Learning Opportunities
WSU Educational Leadership offers three graduate certificate programs:
Building Leadership Licensure
WSU's offers a pathway for current educators holding a Master's degree in an education related field (e.g. curriculum and instruction, school counseling, etc.) and currently employed in preK-12 education to be recommended for Building Licensure.
District Leadership Licensure
This program provides an opportunity for persons who currently hold a Kansas professional building leadership license to participate in advanced graduate training that leads to positions as a Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, or Special Education Director.
Higher Education Leadership
This graduate certificate program is designed to prepare current and prospective college or university staff members for entry-mid level positions as administrators in two- and four-year colleges and universities,policy makers, and student affairs professionals in higher education to provide selected course work/degrees for individuals currently in the field.