“Career development is vital to long-term personal success. Meritrust is excited to help WSU students set the stage for a bright future.”- James Nastars, president and CEO, Meritrust Credit Union
Professional Edge Program
Standing out to employers takes more than a degree -- it takes an EDGE
Professional Edge is a co-curriculum program designed to provide personal growth and development skills as an enhancement to the student's formal education in the W. Frank Barton School of Business. These skills and competencies are designed to position the business graduate for enhanced placement opportunities and a successful career, with progressively greater responsibilities. The program is designed to provide Barton School graduates with a competitive edge as they seek to begin their professional careers.
- Two-year non-credit program, starting in the freshman year
- Open to all business majors
- Students earn points by participation
- Some events are mandatory; others are optional
- Each semester, accumulation of a pre-specified minimum number of points allows student to pass a 0-credit class.
- Students completing 4 semesters receive a Professional Edge Certificate and transcript credential from the Barton School.