“Career development is vital to long-term personal success. Meritrust is excited to help WSU students set the stage for a bright future.”- James Nastars, president and CEO, Meritrust Credit Union
What is Professional EDGE?
Professional Edge Program
Standing out to employers takes more than a degree — it takes an EDGE.
Professional Edge is a co-curriculum program designed to provide personal growth and development skills as an enhancement to the student's formal education in the W. Frank Barton School of Business. These skills and competencies are designed to position the business graduate for enhanced placement opportunities and a successful career, with progressively greater responsibilities. The program is designed to provide Barton School graduates with a competitive edge as they seek to begin their professional careers.
- Two-year non-credit program, starting in the freshman year
- Open to all business majors
- Students earn points by participation
- Some events are mandatory; others are optional
- Each semester, accumulation of a pre-specified minimum number of points allows student to pass a 0-credit class.
- Students completing 4 semesters receive a Professional Edge Certificate and transcript credential from the Barton School.
How to enroll for Spring 2022 EDGE
- BADM 191 – Professional Edge I – CRN 24701 – for students new to EDGE
- BADM 192 – Professional Edge II – CRN 24704 – for students who have completed one semester of EDGE
- BADM 293 – Professional Edge III – CRN 24705 – for students who have completed two semesters of EDGE
- BADM 294 – Professional Edge IIII – CRN 24706 – for students who have completed three semesters of EDGE
- If you are new to Edge, you will enroll in BADM 191. [Freshmen - Contact your academic advisor if you need help.]
- Enroll in the program as you would traditional classes at WSU - log into your MyWSU Portal and visit the ‘Student Registration, Banner 9’ link.
- Use the CRN number to find and enroll into the course.
Download the Suitable App in your app store and then click here for further instructions.
The Professional Edge program is complimentary thanks to a generous donation from Meritrust Credit Union.