Executive MBA Admission and Application:
Candidates for the Executive MBA program are individuals who are self-motivated and have the temperament to handle the demands of work, school and home, and the willingness to make a 20-month commitment.
When considering admission, the ability to complete the entire program is an important requirement.
Are you a good fit for the EMBA Program? Email your resume for review with subject (EMBA Resume review).
- Academic four-year undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, not necessarily in business;
- A minimum GPA of at least a 2.75 in the last 60 hours of coursework;
- Minimum of five years relevant, post-undergraduate work experience. Management experience is preferred;
- Ability to participate in and contribute to an intensive learning environment;
- Time and willingness to make a 20-month committment to attend classes, study-group meetings and other required activities (including an international trip);
- International students are required to have a minimum score of: 570 (paper-based), 230 (computer-based), or 88 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an overall band score of 7.0 of the IELTS examination.
- Hardware requirements: computer with word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software. Access to email and the Internet. Most students bring laptop computers to class. Wireless Internet access is available.
How to Apply
When evaluating Executive MBA applications, the admission committee considers academic history, professional work experience, recommendations, the application itself and the essay requirement. Following the evaluation of all application materials, a personal interview is scheduled for qualified candidates.
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Because each class is limited to 24 students and application review is rolling, it is highly recommended that you apply early.
A completed application consistes of the following:
- Apply to Graduate School online
- You will also need the following items to complete your application:
- Acknowledgment of Responsibility (PDF) regarding sources of support, organizational support and minimum GPA requirements. This form is completed and signed by the applicant and applicant's employer.
- Confidential Recommendations for Admission, to be completed online by two professional references for the applicant. You will be asked to submit email addresses during the application process.
- Essay - Please address the following questions in one essay (minimum 500 words). This will
help the admissions committee understand your motivation for applying to the Barton
School Executive MBA program.
- Briefly explain the responsibilities of your current position (business function, number of employees supervised, budget managed/sales figures, etc.).
- What are your career objectives?
- What do you expect to accomplish through this Executive MBA program? What learning experiences do you expect and how would you apply them?
- The GMAT is not required for admission to the EMBA program.
- Unofficial undergraduate/graduate transcripts from all previously attended academic institutions. An official transcript must be sent to the graduate office (see address below) before the end of the first semester.
$75 non-refundable application fee will be charged when you apply online.
Following the evaluation of all application materials, a personal interview is scheduled for qualified candidates.
TOEFL scores (international students only)
International students should have their TOEFL scores sent to:
WSU Graduate School
1845 Fairmount St
Wichita, KS 67260-0004