Two $25,000 Scholarships
Daniel Fradella and Eddie Brown, the 2018 recipients, hold their plaques alongside Geri Jabara, Harvey Jabara and their families.
The W. Frank Barton School of Business awards two $25,000 Professor Fran Jabara Endowed Scholarships each year to students majoring or double-majoring in entrepreneurship. The scholarship is awarded over a four year period.
- May 2019 high school graduate
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.50
- Minimum of 24 ACT or 1090 SAT
- Admitted to Wichita State University by December 1, 2018
- Declare an Entrepreneurship Major
- Submit essay answering one of two provided questions
- Application deadline: December 18, 2018
ESSAY: To assist the scholarship committee in the selection of the two scholarship recipients, please note that an essay, no more than 4,000 characters in length, will be submitted with the online application, and must address on one of the two topics listed below.
1. Sharing intellectual interests is an important aspect of university life. Describe an experience or idea that you find intellectually exciting, and explain why.
2. Why is an education in entrepreneurship important to you? How will you use the education? For example, will you launch a new venture or carry the entrepreneurial mindset into your career?
Applications and essays should be submitted no later than December 18, 2018.
Due to the Holidays, all applicants will be notified of the results in January.
The announcement of the recipients will be made at a reception in their honor in February.
Apply for Admission & To declare entrepreneurship major
To declare a major in entrepreneurship contact the Barton School of Business Advising Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (316) 978-3203.
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship, please contact Heather O'Neil, Center for Entrepreneurship, by email at email@example.com or call (316) 978-5180.