Cooperative Education & Internship credit for Engineering+
Starting June 2022, Engineering+ Co-op/Internship credit will be facilitated by the Engineering Dean's Office.
Students gain practical experience working for an employer using skills and knowledge that complement the strong academic fundamentals they learn in the classroom. Co-op experiences instill the professionalism, understanding and confidence that lead to a lifetime of success.
Step 1) Meet the following requirements
- Must be a degree-bound WSU student.
- Must be enrolled in at least six hours of credit at WSU. (Does not apply to summer semester.)
- Must have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Must have completed at least 24 credit hours; 9 credit hours must be in your major (Credit hours may be transferred to WSU or earned in high school.)
Step 2) Secure a co-op/internship position
Students can apply for co-op and internship positions on Handshake. Already found a placement on your own? Skip to Step 3!
Step 3) Submit details about your Co-op/Internship Experience
Click here to complete the Co-op/Internship Experience Survey
or copy and paste the following url into your browser: https://wichitastate.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4Uyn6ISuCZjOYvQ
Have questions about the survey? Give us a call 316-978-3400 or email email@example.com.
Step 4) Register for academic credit (1 hr) or zero credit course
Need to talk through your course credit options? Contact your department's academic advisor for advice!
Step 5) Fulfill Engineering+ work hours requirement
Meet one of the following work hour requirement combinations:
- 40 hours per week for 1 semester (fall or spring)
- 20 hours per week for 2 semesters (fall and spring)
- 40 hours per week for 2 summer terms
- 20 hours per week for 1 semester plus 40 hours per week for 1 summer term
Step 6) Complete the Engineering+ Approval Form
Once you have met the work hour requirement in Step 5, complete the student information portions of the Engineering+ Approval Form and submit it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Dean's Office in Partnership 2 building, Room A101.
Who signs my approval form to verify completion of Cooperative Education or Internship Education? At this time, Only the Engineering Dean's Office can sign off on your co-op/internship Engineering+ requirement.
Step 7) Submit your Engineering+ Form to your Academic Advisor
When you receive your signed Engineering+ Form back from the Dean's Office, forward the signed form to the Academic Advisor in your department. Click here to see contact info for CoE Academic Advisors.