College of Engineering
2021 Outstanding Graduating Senior Award
The College of Engineering Outstanding Graduating Senior Award recognizes one undergraduate senior from the college who has garnered outstanding achievements as an undergraduate and has demonstrated leadership both within the college and across the university community. This award, established in 2018, is given each spring to a student who is graduating during the calendar year in which the award is being given. The recipient of the award will receive a plaque and will be honored at the WSU Senior Honor & College Awards Banquet in the spring.
To be eligible for the award, students must:
- Be graduating with a bachelor's degree in a College of Engineering degree program in either spring, summer, or fall of 2021.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA as of the end of the fall 2020 semester.
- Have had significant involvement in, and made meaning contributions to, both the College of Engineering and the university community.
- Demonstrate high potential for a successful career in engineering or computer science.
1. Application Submissions
Eligible students must submit the online application. The application includes the following materials. Unless otherwise noted below, materials should be submitted in PDF format. Applications are due by 11:59pm Central Time on Sunday, March 14, 2021.
- A personal essay describing the applicant's contributions to the college and university community, ways in which the applicant has demonstrated effective leadership, and the applicant's future aspirations. The essay should be typed, double spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font with 1" page margins, and should be no longer than one page in length.
- A letter of recommendation from a College of Engineering faculty or staff member that speaks to the applicant's achievement of the criteria above.
- A current resume.
- A high-resolution headshot photo (JPG or PNG).
2. Selection of Finalists
An award selection committee comprised of College of Engineering faculty and staff will review applications and select up to five students to be named finalists for the award. Finalists will be invited to participate in a 15–minute interview with the selection committee.
3. Selection of Outstanding Senior
From the pool of finalists, the committee will select one student to be named the Outstanding Graduating Senior. The recipients will be recognized at the WSU Senior Honor & College Awards ceremony in the spring.
2020: Subash Bhandari, Biomedical Engineering, Fall 2020
2019: Mason Bivens, Aerospace Engineering, Spring 2019