A Living Learning Community (LLC) is a group of students who choose to live together to enjoy a built-in support system, mentoring, leadership opportunities, and an enhanced sense of community. Research shows that students in LLCs feel connected earlier, make friends more easily, perform better in classes, and graduate at higher rates than students who choose not to live in LLCs.
Living Learning Communities offer unique opportunities for campus residents. At Wichita State University, we offer the Engineering LLC, which provides opportunities for first year students living on campus such as:
- Academic assistance within the residence halls.
- Tours of local engineering industries.
- Opportunities to interact with engineering faculty and staff.
- Networking for your professional future.
- A fun and engaging social life with your fellow engineering majors.