- Before operating equipment and tools, make sure that you are authorized. Do not use
any tools or equipment without proper safety and usage instructions.
- Report any injuries/accidents to Nathan Smith immediately.
- Safety glasses and hearing protection are required in the Innovation Hub when equipment
and tools are in use, and as specified.
- Closed toe shoes required when working with Innovation Hub equipment.
- Clothing and jewelry that could become caught in equipment are prohibited. Long hair
should be properly secured so it does not get caught in machines.
- Be aware of the locations of first aid, fire, and safety equipment.
- Never walk away from equipment in use.
- Keep fingers clear of the point of operation for equipment by using tools such as
push sticks or hooks.
- Working alone is prohibited.
- Safety is your top priority within the Innovation Hub. If you are not sure what to
Common Sense Guidelines:
- Do not remove tools from the Innovation Hub.
- Clean your work areas immediately after completing use of equipment and workspaces.
- Report any damaged or inoperable equipment to Nathan Smith immediately.
Students are expected to provide their own construction materials and supplies. The
Innovation Hub will supply the equipment, training, and the space to work on their