PhD, Applied Mathematics
- By choosing from a broad range of course offerings in pure and applied mathematics
and in statistics, students in the MS program have considerable flexibility in designing
a plan of study to suit their interests.
- The program can be used either as preparation for further study at the PhD level or
for acquiring the mathematical and statistical background needed for a variety of
professions in business, industry and education.
- There are both thesis and non-thesis options.
- Most full time students are supported financially as Graduate Teaching Assistants
and complete the degree within two years.
- Part-time students are also welcome. It should be possible to complete the degree
over a four or five year period by taking courses only in the evening.