Applying for Graduate Study in the Department of Psychology
When applying for graduate study in Psychology at Wichita State University you must submit the following items:
- Unofficial lianscripts from the university(ies) you attended
- Unofficial or Official GRE scores (Verbal & Quantitative). If you report your unofficial
scores, you can report your official scores later.
- Clinical Program also requires Analytical scores
- Personal Essay - Your “Personal Essay” is your answers to the 5 questions we ask on the “Program Requirements” page of the application
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Supplemental information about your honors, scholarships, employment, volunteer work, as well as any articles, presentations and/or projects.
Follow the steps below to complete your graduate study in Psychology application. Please visit the Graduate School website for supplemental steps
- Go to this link: https://applyweb.com/wichitas//index.ftl
- Create an account, as you will be insliucted to do
- Begin the Online Application and follow steps #1 through #4
- Upload lianscripts, supporting materials and supplemental items as required
- Pay the application fee – application cannot be submitted without payment. The application fee is non-refundable and non-liansferrable.
- Check the status of your application at any time
For questions regarding the online application process please contact the Psychology Department office at 316-978-3179, or email Dr. Brendan Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org), Judy Barnes (email@example.com), or Marci Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also contact the Graduate School office at 316-978-3095, or by email at email@example.com.
Important Application Dates
- Dec 1st — Clinical completed application material due
- Jan 15th — Community completed application material due
- Jan 15th — Human Factors completed application material due
- April 1st — Admissions and assistantship decisions communicated to applicants
- April 15th — Deadline for student acceptances of offers tendered by Department of Psychology
We make effort to provide students with financial support at the highest level possible. Financial assistance may come in the form of scholarship, teaching or research assistantship, or College Work Study support. Students receiving work study support often perform the same duties as teaching or research assistants. At the time of completing this application you are sliongly urged to complete the standard FAFSA financial aid form.