Admission to the Doctor of Audiology (AuD) education program at Wichita State University is made on a competitive basis. Learn more about the program at www.wichita.edu/csd/aud.
Applicants for admission to the program must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. A minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 credit hours is required for admission to graduate study at WSU, however, a GPA of 3.5 or higher in those hours is strongly recommended for successful application to our program.
This three (3) year program begins in early June each year with the regular start of WSU summer courses. Application cycle for the class starting in Summer 2023 opens in July 2022. The CSDCAS application and the Wichita State University Graduate School application must both be completed by February 1, 2023. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Completed applications must have the following:
- Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) Application -- https://csdcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation submitted within the CSDCAS application.
- CV/Resume submitted within the CSDCAS application (see Documents tab).
- Completed and In Progress coursework linked to prerequisites within the CSDCAS application (see Prerequisites tab).
- Additional required program questions on the CSDCAS application (see Questions tab).
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended sent to CSDCAS.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are also required to submit proof of written and spoken English proficiency. See details below.
Note: After application submission, student may be contacted to complete an interview with program faculty/clinical supervisors, which will include--but not be limited to--an assessment of academic potential, motivation and commitment to the profession, and interpersonal and communication skills. Not all applicants will be offered an interview.
- Application for admission to the WSU Graduate School.
- Separate application fee and transcripts required.
- Upload unofficial transcripts to online Graduate School application. Official transcripts should be sent only after formal admission notification.
Note: This includes unofficial transcripts from Wichita State University and WSU Tech (formerly WATC).
GRE scores are not required for the application.
Applicants whose native language is not English must also submit proof of written and spoken English proficiency for this program. Applicants may choose to submit scores for the internet-based TOEFL (www.ets.org/toefl), or the Academic Module of the IELTS (www.ielts.org) examination, or the PET-Academic Examination (www.pearsonpte.com) to meet this requirement. Exams must be taken within the last 2 years.
Self-report all exam scores and test dates within the CSDCAS application. Send official scores directly from the testing agency using the institution codes listed below. Photocopies of score reports are unacceptable.
- TOEFL: 6884 (WSU Graduate School)
- IELTS: 6884 (WSU Graduate School)
- PET: 6884 (WSU Graduate School)
Our departmental admissions team can be reached by phone at 316-978-3240 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
Contact CSDCAS and the WSU Graduate School for assistance with their applications.
- CSDCAS Customer Service: Call 617-612-2030 or email email@example.com
- WSU Graduate School: Call 316-978-3095 or email GS.Frontdesk@wichita.edu
Campus Visit/Information Session
Please click on the link below to schedule an individual campus visit or to sign up for a scheduled group information session.
The WSU Office of Financial Aid will notify admitted students of their financial aid package after their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.gov) has been reviewed. FAFSA applications should be completed between October 1 and March 1 of the preceding academic year.
Some departments have funds for scholarships, fellowships and graduate assistantships which they award to students through a separate review process. All current and potential CSD students must submit an application to the department before March 15 of the preceding academic year in order to be considered for these funds. Go to www.wichita.edu/csd/scholarships for details.