Wichita State University endeavors to build a stronger Kansas and a brighter tomorrow through our relentless commitment to the people, businesses and economy of our state. As such, the university has adopted a strategic plan and vision to be one of the nation's premier urban public research universities, known for providing impactful applied learning experiences and driving prosperity for the people and communities we serve..
Access and Affordability
Wichita State is committed to helping families through access and affordability.
- Provide an accessible, affordable and impactful higher education for all Kansans with increased community connections and networks.
- Proposed enhancements: Marcus Welcome Center, Clinton Hall, Hubbard Hall and Rhatigan Student Center.
- Diversify and develop our faculty and staff to better reflect our student body and region.
- Shocker Promise: Full tuition and fees for Pell-eligible families.
- Increase need-based aid.
Wichita State will support Kansas businesses with a talent pipeline that meets employer needs.
- Provide relevant applied learning experiences that match the needs of industry, agency and community partners.
- Become a nationally recognized leader in digital transformation and SMART manufacturing.
Growing Economic Prosperity
Wichita State will increase economic prosperity with higher education that benefits the Kansas economy.
- Support faculty-led interdisciplinary research initiatives (2020-2023).
- Support the needs of the region through strategic engagement.
- Continue the development of the Innovation Campus by attracting new partners and expand the Maintenance, Repairing and Overhaul (MRO) initiative.
- Continue developing and supporting innovation and new ventures.
- National Center for Aviation Training expansion.
- University Village: Enter into financially prudent public-private partnerships on university-owned property that provide services.
- Support Wichita downtown development via hospitality, culinary arts and health sciences.
- Enhance compensation and professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.