Wichita State University View Directions to the Venue View Venue Weather View Venue Profile
Wichita, KS 67260
Wichita State’s Strategic Engagement and Planning (SEP) will host Good Neighbor Week from Sept. 28 to Oct. 4. In addition to Good Neighbor Bingo beginning Sept. 28, the following events will be available:
- Sept. 28 — Good Neighbor Bingo all month
- Sept. 28 to Oct. 4 — Third Annual faculty versus staff Stock the Shocker Support Locker Challenge
- 12 p.m., Sept. 29 — Students United Service Provider Panel
- 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Sept. 27, 29 — Sunflower making workshop at WSU Water Recreation Center
- 6:30 p.m., Sept. 30 — Student Government Association Food Insecurity Panel
- 5 p.m., Oct. 1 — Riverfest Parade
- 8:30 a.m., Oct. 2 — Morning neighborhood walk
- Oct. 3 — Campus community discount bowling all week at Shocker Lanes
- Oct. 4 — Highlighting stories from our neighbors event
Good Neighbor Week speaks to Wichita State’s 2019 Climate Survey indicating opportunities for improvement within the satisfaction of culture and atmosphere on campus and the "Why Good Neighboring Matters" featured in the Chung Report. In the report, of "108 cities surveyed, Wichita ranked the 11th lowest on talking with neighbors frequently, ninth-lowest on doing favors for neighbors frequently and the lowest on seeing and hearing from friends and family frequently."
SEP hopes that through Good Neighbor Week we increase engagement on and off-campus and create connections to lead to a sense of belonging. Helping people feel connected and part of something bigger than themselves is the goal. Neighboring does take time and effort, but there are both personal and community benefits.
Take the good neighboring challenge! For more information or to get involved with Good Neighbor week, email Naquela Pack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Other Dates For This Event:
Contact:Strategic Engagement and Planning (SEP)
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend