- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State University, 2006
- M.S, Mechanical Engineering, Wichita State University, 2002
- B.S, Mechanical Engineering, University of Calicut, India, 1998
Dr. Rajeev Nair, is currently an Assistant Professor in the Mechanical Engineering department at Wichita State University and he is actively involved in research, teaching, services, and scholarship activities. His research interests are in laser materials processing of metals, ceramics and composites, tribology of nano-coatings, nanotechnology in manufacturing with focus on lasers, mechanics of composite manufacturing processes and study of machine tools and biomedical devices through design and finite element analysis. As a PI, he has been involved in the development of several grant applications for enhancement of industry/undergraduate/graduate research and education, three of which has been recently awarded. As an assistant professor, he has been teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in manufacturing, design, materials, laser technology areas, serving in different department and college committees, advising undergraduate and graduate students, supervising MS Thesis and PhD Dissertations, and developing research and educational labs, since 2007.
- Flexible fabrication
- Laser surface texturing
- Design and mechanical analysis of stents/orthopedic devices
- ME 637 - Computer Aided Design
- ME 639 – Finite Element Analysis
- ME 662 – Senior Capstone Design
- Nair, R., Molian, P., “Femtosecond Laser Nanotexturing of Drug-Eluting Stents,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, December 2012, Volume 134, Issue 6, 061008 (12 pp.)
- May, J., Joshi, N., Nair, R., “Application of Design Simulation and Experimental Design Methodologies to the Study of Coronary Stent Designs,” Computer-Aided Design & Applications, September 2012, Volume 9, Issue 4, pp. 439-455.
- Nair, R., Molian, R., Molian, P., “Laser shock wave consolidation of nanodiamond powders on aluminum 319,” Applied Surface Science, January 2009, Volume 255, Issue 6, 1, pp. 3859-3867.
- Dong, Y., Nair, R., Molian, P. “Femtosecond pulsed laser micromachining of 4H-SiC Wafer for MEMS pressure sensor diaphragms and via holes,” Journal of Micromechanics & Microengineering, March 2008, Volume 18, Issue 3, 035022 (9pp).
- Nair, R., Molian, P., “Effect of nanoscale thin films of Dy2Fe14B on the magnetic hysteresis characteristics of melt-spun ribbons of Nd2Fe14B” Journal of Magnetism & Magnetic Materials, March 2008, Volume 320, Issue 6, pp. 957-965.